We are currently accepting applications for the 2023/2024 Woodsmoke Reduction Program!
Woodsmoke Reduction Program
The purpose of the Program is to encourage Tehama County property owners (residential and commercial) to replace Non-Certified Appliance with new, cleaner burning EPA Phase II heating devices by incentivizing purchase through issuance of Vouchers. Replacing Non-Certified Appliance with EPA Phase II heating devices will help reduce particulate matter (PM) within the air and help the District maintain compliance with state and federal PM standards.
This program provides vouchers to residents in the Tehama County Air Pollution Control District who own non-EPA certified woodstoves or insert, or fireplaces. The following types of home heating devices are eligible replacements:
- Electric stove heaters,
- Electric heat pumps,
- Pellet stoves,
- Hybrid wood stoves,
- Catalytic wood stoves, and
- Select non-catalytic wood stoves.
Vouchers are not available for previously purchased stoves; to participate in this program, do not purchase a stove prior to receiving a signed voucher from the District.
- Low-income households and households located in disadvantaged or low-income communities or on tribal lands will be eligible to replace their heating device for little or no cost. They will qualify for a higher incentive (Enhanced Voucher). The maximum allowable Enhanced Voucher level is $10,000 for an electric heat pump and $5,000 for all other types of heating devices.
- All other households, regardless of their income, will qualify for a smaller incentive (Standard Voucher) to be applied towards the purchase and installation of the new device. The maximum allowable Enhanced Voucher level is $5,000 for an electric heat pump and $2,500 for all other types of heating devices.
- Vouchers are available only to Tehama County property owners with a currently installed and operational Non-Certified Appliance.
Eligible applicants will be funded on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Voucher Application Checklist
- Voucher Application
- Owner/Tenant Agreement (if applicable)
- Participating Retailers List (updated 11/27/23)
- Woodsmoke Reduction Program Guidelines
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Tehama County Air Pollution Control District
1834 Walnut St
Red Bluff, CA 96080
If you are visiting this page from a neighboring county, please find the corresponding Air District contact information below:
|Neighboring Air Districts
|Butte County AQMD
629 Entler Avenue Suite 15 Chico, CA 95928
Phone: (855) 332-9400
Colusa County APCD
Glenn County APCD
Feather River AQMD (Yuba, Sutter)
Northern Sierra AQMD (Plumas, Sierra, Nevada)
Shasta County AQMD