The Tehama County Woodstove Change-out Program for 2016-2017 has ended.
This program provides vouchers to residents in the Tehama County Air Pollution Control District who own non-EPA certified woodstoves or fireplaces, and want to change to EPA Phase II-Certified woodstoves, or to stoves or fireplaces fueled by gas or pellets. Vouchers are not available for previously purchased stoves; to participate in this program, do not purchase a stove prior to receiving a signed voucher from the District.
The purpose of the Program is to encourage Tehama County property owners (residential and commercial) to replace Non-Certified Appliance with new, cleaner burning EPA Phase II Appliances (wood or pellet) or Natural Gas Stoves by incentivizing purchase through issuance of Vouchers. Replacing Non-Certified Appliance with EPA Phase II Appliances or Natural Gas Stoves will help reduce PM within the air and help the District maintain compliance with state and federal PM standards.
Program Funding and Availability
Voucher applications will be accepted when Program Funding is available. Once Program Funding is exhausted, the Voucher Period will close.
- $500 toward the purchase of a wood EPA Phase II Appliance.
- $750 toward the purchase of a pellet EPA Phase II Appliance.
- $1000 toward the purchase of a Natural Gas Stove.
- Eligible low-income Applicants (residential property owners only) may receive an additional $250 voucher toward the purchase of any of the foregoing options. Applicant must submit his or her most recent federal tax return to the District in order to verify annual gross income.
- Vouchers are available only to Tehama County property owners with a currently installed and operational Non-Certified Appliance.
- Voucher Application
- Participating Retailers
- Wood Stove Change-out Program Handbook
- Certified Wood Heaters List
- Wet wood is waste
- La Madera Húmeda es un Desperdicio
The Tehama County Woodstove Change-out Program for 2016-2017 has ended.We are currently developing the program for the 2017-18 any updates will be posted on this page. If you are interested in participating in the new program this year please submit… Read More